You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send Mails with own Domain not working on iCloud

Apple and its iCloud is offering using an own domain for receiving and sending emails.

I set the DNS entries on my registrar and I can receive emails but I'm not able to send emails from that email.

In my cloud email account or in the Mail App on Desktop I can not select this email Account as sender.

Anybody having the same issue and was able to resolve it?

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 7:58 AM

Hi Fluffy75,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

First, ensure all settings are correct by taking a look at this article: Set up a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on all your devices.

Then, check out: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail

After you configure your domain, you can set up any existing email addresses you already own, create new ones, or delete any you don't need anymore. You can use your custom email address in the Mail app on any device signed in with your Apple ID and iCloud Mail turned on, or on iCloud.com/mail.

You can use iCloud Mail to send and receive email with up to five personal domains, with up to three email addresses per domain. 

If you're still having issues sending emails after setting up your custom domain and ensuring you're signed in with the correct Apple ID with iCloud Mail turned on, we suggest reporting the issue to Apple Support directly: Get Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 10, 2022 7:58 AM in response to Fluffy75

Hi Fluffy75,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

First, ensure all settings are correct by taking a look at this article: Set up a custom email domain for iCloud Mail on all your devices.

Then, check out: Use Custom Email Domain with iCloud Mail

After you configure your domain, you can set up any existing email addresses you already own, create new ones, or delete any you don't need anymore. You can use your custom email address in the Mail app on any device signed in with your Apple ID and iCloud Mail turned on, or on iCloud.com/mail.

You can use iCloud Mail to send and receive email with up to five personal domains, with up to three email addresses per domain. 

If you're still having issues sending emails after setting up your custom domain and ensuring you're signed in with the correct Apple ID with iCloud Mail turned on, we suggest reporting the issue to Apple Support directly: Get Support

Take care.

Send Mails with own Domain not working on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.