📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the new Studio Display take inputs from multiple devices?

Can the new Studio Display take inputs from multiple devices, including from a device that only outputs via HDMI?

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 10:06 AM

...and at the end of the day after some research, there are very few TB3 KWM switches and I'm still not sure this works reliably. What a job of Apple to come out with a brand new monitor and just one single input???

[Edited by Moderator]

6 replies

Mar 30, 2022 9:31 AM in response to bigfootdir

Is there a 3rd party product that can do this, or some software way of "casting" onto it? I have a Mac mini permanently attached, but also plug in my MacBook Pro laptop. It would be annoying to have to unplug one to use the other, especially since the plug is on the back of the display, and back of the Mac mini.

Can the new Studio Display take inputs from multiple devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.