Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV 4K (Gen2) video cutting out intermittently connecting to 4K TV

Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get some help getting my AppleTV 4K (Gen2) to work with my Samsung QN900A 8K TV. The picture drops for 1-2 seconds every 30 seconds or so. I can see the [Samsung] loading circle on my TV, making me think the connection is dropping out.

I am using a high speed HDMI cable (and have tried a few).

I've tried turning on Dynamic Range and Frame Rate matching - no luck. Issue also persist if I switch from 4K HDR to 1080p. Any other fixes? Seems like it's a two way issue, neither the TV or the AppleTV box are the problem alone.

I tried all the standard troubleshooting steps.

• The AppleTV works fine on other TVs.
  • Using different HDMI cables and different HDMI ports doesn't help.
  • Connecting another device (PS4) with the same cable on the same port has no issues.
  • Restarting and hard resets on both devices didn't help
  • Both devices are fully updated

Thanks! I appreciate any help!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 9:14 AM

Yes, that is a hard one to diagnose because it is neither product alone that is the issue. Looks like you have gone through most troubleshooting that would be suggested through here. Your best bet is to consult directly with Apple support to see what other ideas they have, may also need to reach out to Samsung.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 9:14 AM in response to XIllu

Yes, that is a hard one to diagnose because it is neither product alone that is the issue. Looks like you have gone through most troubleshooting that would be suggested through here. Your best bet is to consult directly with Apple support to see what other ideas they have, may also need to reach out to Samsung.

AppleTV 4K (Gen2) video cutting out intermittently connecting to 4K TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.