Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not add an AOL account. after I click ADD AOL the process stops

I can not add an AOL account. after I click ADD AOL the process stops. I get a square with cancel at the bottom. The Square is blank. This account was working 3 days and stopped so I deleted thinking I could reinstall. The account works on my phone/iPad & desktop.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 2:34 PM

Test the web interface first. If that works, see if there is a requirement for an App Password. You may need to generate a new App password to allow you to access the email account from the Mail App. This is something new many email providers have been requiring. Including Gmail, Yahoo, etc. If you've enabled 2-Factor / 2-Step authentication / verification.

AOL - Create and manage third-party App Passwords

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 2:34 PM in response to outlawgwp1

Test the web interface first. If that works, see if there is a requirement for an App Password. You may need to generate a new App password to allow you to access the email account from the Mail App. This is something new many email providers have been requiring. Including Gmail, Yahoo, etc. If you've enabled 2-Factor / 2-Step authentication / verification.

AOL - Create and manage third-party App Passwords

I can not add an AOL account. after I click ADD AOL the process stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.