Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL Account dropped

Hi I still use my 2 AOL accounts. One stopped working on the iPhone (emails stuck in outbox and account didn’t refresh with latest emails) so I removed the one account from the iPhone and tried to reinstall it. The other AOL account still works but it has a specific, different purpose.

the fix didn’t work so I tried the Settings/General/Reset/Reset Internet Settings fix, even though as a side effect internet settings would be lost.

it doesn’t work.

What is plan B/next step?

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 3:07 PM

Plan B is to go to AOL's support page and inquire about App Specific Password generation and use. AOL has made the use of App Specific Passwords mandatory for security reasons. Learn about it and then see if you can put it to practice. That will resolve the AOL connection, mail sending and receiving issues that you may be having recently.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 3:07 PM in response to 32TC08

Plan B is to go to AOL's support page and inquire about App Specific Password generation and use. AOL has made the use of App Specific Passwords mandatory for security reasons. Learn about it and then see if you can put it to practice. That will resolve the AOL connection, mail sending and receiving issues that you may be having recently.

Axel F.

AOL Account dropped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.