Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I prevent the "A software update is required to connect this iPhone" message

I am plugging my iPhone 11 into the USB bank connected to my work Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.6.4

I never want my personal iPhone 11 to connect to my work Macbook Pro. Is there a place to turn off this option so I don't see it every day? Also, My work is hectic enough that I worry I could be moving too fast, multitasking and hit Install by mistake.

Thank you for your anticipated help!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 1:40 PM

Actually, it’s a message to update the IOS driver in the MacBook. If it’s a work computer that may not be possible. Clicking Install may fix it, but the MacBook security may not permit it. The only solution in that case is to not plug the phone into the computer, but instead use a separate USB power adapter.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 1:40 PM in response to Raicya

Actually, it’s a message to update the IOS driver in the MacBook. If it’s a work computer that may not be possible. Clicking Install may fix it, but the MacBook security may not permit it. The only solution in that case is to not plug the phone into the computer, but instead use a separate USB power adapter.

Can I prevent the "A software update is required to connect this iPhone" message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.