Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not getting sound alerts for emails

My goal is to get an audible alert for any new email I receive from a VIP on my gmail account using the iPhone Mail app. Not only am I not getting VIP alerts, I’m not getting any even if I turn sound alerts on for all emails.

I have turned on alerts and alert sounds for the overall Mail app and all my email accounts individually. Basically anything related to alerts for email I’ve turned on full blast. No help.

Other sounds are working so it isn’t a sound issue.

Any ideas?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 3:38 PM

It was not 100% clear but in that case they should notify you.

And as you are getting notifications but they are silent, it was probably misguided advice anyway.

Check you don't have any Focus or do not disturb scheduled or turned on as they can allow silent lock screen notifications.

3 replies

Not getting sound alerts for emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.