Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email changed on my apple accounts. I cannot set up my watch because it's still connected to my old email. How do I change the email on my watch so I can pair my phone and watch.

Email changed on my apple accounts. I cannot set up my watch because it's still connected to my old email. How do I change the email on my watch so I can pair my phone and watch.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 2:43 PM

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. If you still remember your old Apple ID & password, then try those and then reset the watch to your new Apple ID & password.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 2:43 PM in response to cmcginnis95

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. If you still remember your old Apple ID & password, then try those and then reset the watch to your new Apple ID & password.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Mar 11, 2022 1:14 AM in response to cmcginnis95

You can ask apple to remove the activation lock online on this page;

Remove the Activation Lock Here.

Or this;

If you can't remember/gain access to the apple id that paired the watch to the phone.Take the watch and it's receipt with the serial number along with some photo id and any other proof of ownership to an Apple Store and request that they remove the Activation Lock for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.