Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search function on finder

When I'm connected to a company file server and I use the search function for a particular file it never shows the actual file or file path. Usually an opaque file shows up which is the file name I'm looking for but I can't open it and it doesn't show what subfolder it is hiding in. Is there anyway to fix this finder function to better find file when connect to a server remotely?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 7:52 AM

jcsandiegodu wrote:

When I'm connected to a company file server and I use the search function for a particular file it never shows the actual file or file path. Usually an opaque file shows up which is the file name I'm looking for but I can't open it and it doesn't show what subfolder it is hiding in. Is there anyway to fix this finder function to better find file when connect to a server remotely?

Your IT department may be able to sort your issue...

See if there is anything here:

Search for files with Remote Desktop - Apple Support

Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers - Apple ...

Manage files and apps with Remote Desktop - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 7:52 AM in response to jcsandiegodu

jcsandiegodu wrote:

Your IT department may be able to sort your issue...

See if there is anything here:

Search for files with Remote Desktop - Apple Support

Connect your Mac to shared computers and servers - Apple ...

Manage files and apps with Remote Desktop - Apple Support

Search function on finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.