Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I attach a file in iMessage anymore It use to give you the option to attach a file just like email but not anymore

Why cant I attach a file in iMessage anymore It use to give you the option to attach a file just like email but not anymore

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 12:54 AM

You can still attach/send a file over iMessages. Open the Files app and locate the file that you want to send. Touch and Hold on the name of the file and you will see the secondary menu. Choose Share and then choose Messages. Tap on the recipient and you will have a message ready to be sent with that selected file.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 12:54 AM in response to Uggfrustration

You can still attach/send a file over iMessages. Open the Files app and locate the file that you want to send. Touch and Hold on the name of the file and you will see the secondary menu. Choose Share and then choose Messages. Tap on the recipient and you will have a message ready to be sent with that selected file.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.