Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new macOS Monetery update question. pages open word

after the new update of macOS Monetery 12.2.1 pages doesn't open word documents.. how do i fix this?

MacBook, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 2:41 AM

Click on a Word document, and press option+cmd+i to open an information panel. On that panel is an Open with section. Change the opening application to Pages, and then click and follow through with the Change All… button. Once you have done this, double-clicking on a Word document should open it in Pages. A right-click on a Word document and choosing Open with will show Pages as the default application too.

Pages may decline to open Word documents that are too old, damaged, or contain content that Pages simply cannot translate into the internal Pages (.pages) document format. To avoid font translation, any referenced font in the Word document must be physically installed on the Mac, or embedded in the Word document when it is saved from MS Word.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 2:41 AM in response to ChristinaAwad

Click on a Word document, and press option+cmd+i to open an information panel. On that panel is an Open with section. Change the opening application to Pages, and then click and follow through with the Change All… button. Once you have done this, double-clicking on a Word document should open it in Pages. A right-click on a Word document and choosing Open with will show Pages as the default application too.

Pages may decline to open Word documents that are too old, damaged, or contain content that Pages simply cannot translate into the internal Pages (.pages) document format. To avoid font translation, any referenced font in the Word document must be physically installed on the Mac, or embedded in the Word document when it is saved from MS Word.

new macOS Monetery update question. pages open word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.