Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an new iPhone on vacation - please help

Hi, I am currently traveling through Central America the next three months. I live in Denmark. My old iPhone suddenly broke down and is beyond repair so i have to buy a new phone. I would like to buy the new iPhone 13 and I’m in Costa Rica the soon. I have looked a lot on the internet and I am wondering if I should buy the phone through Moviestar (without a mobile subscription, because i already have one) or if i should buy it through a apple premium reseller?

Can i afterwards buy apple care as a warranty?

I was texting one of the apple premium resellers and the wrote that if I bought it in their country, then I would not be able to use 5G when i return to Denmark - is that true? That apple makes iPhone 13s without 5G for Costa Rica? (It could as well be the stores bad English that misunderstood something)

Best

Carl

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 8:38 PM

8 replies

Mar 9, 2022 9:43 PM in response to Kurtosis12

Alright thanks, but I was told by the only danish premium reseller that I could by apple care that covers the whole world in the phones settings after buying it in Costa Rica🤔

Do you know something about my other question?

I was texting one of the apple premium resellers and the wrote that if I bought it in their country, then I would not be able to use 5G when i return to Denmark - is that true? That apple makes iPhone 13s without 5G for Costa Rica? (It could as well be the stores bad English that misunderstood something)

Mar 9, 2022 10:07 PM in response to CGSV1122

There is no such thing as an international warranty, if you buy it in Costa Rica that is the only place the warranty is valid., same goes for AppleCare+. You would just be wasting your money.

Yes, it is very possible that 5G frequencies are different in Denmark than Costa Rica.

You seem really interested in buying it in Costa Rica and that is certainly your prerogative, but it is a really bad idea.

Buying an new iPhone on vacation - please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.