Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet Connector for iPad Air

Occasionally, I would like to be able to connect my iPad Air 4 to my wired Ethernet. What connector do I need? Thanks.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 3:05 AM

Your iPad Air4 has a USB-C port - to which you will need to connect either a third-party USB-C to Ethernet Adapter - or a USB-C hub that incorporates an Ethernet port.

Apple does not manufacture a dedicated USB-C Ethernet Adapter - presumably as these are relatively easy to obtain. Belkin (marketed by Apple) do offer suitable adapters, but there are many other more versatile USB-C hubs that incorporate additional USB ports (both Type-A and USB-C), HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, SD/microSD Card Readers etc.

Perhaps consider a USB-C hub from Anker, Hyperdrive and Satechi - although there are many others from which to choose. A Google Search for USB-C Hubs compatible with iPad will find a number of articles and recommendations.

A few examples…:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 3:05 AM in response to oledogg1

Your iPad Air4 has a USB-C port - to which you will need to connect either a third-party USB-C to Ethernet Adapter - or a USB-C hub that incorporates an Ethernet port.

Apple does not manufacture a dedicated USB-C Ethernet Adapter - presumably as these are relatively easy to obtain. Belkin (marketed by Apple) do offer suitable adapters, but there are many other more versatile USB-C hubs that incorporate additional USB ports (both Type-A and USB-C), HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, SD/microSD Card Readers etc.

Perhaps consider a USB-C hub from Anker, Hyperdrive and Satechi - although there are many others from which to choose. A Google Search for USB-C Hubs compatible with iPad will find a number of articles and recommendations.

A few examples…:

Mar 10, 2022 4:03 AM in response to oledogg1

You’re very welcome. The list of examples that I have provided represents just a few of the many hubs available - with each manufacturer having several hubs/adapters that may be more or less relevant for your needs.

USB-C hubs, supporting multiple interfaces, are generally a lot more useful (and cost effective) - allowing multiple simultaneous connections to peripheral devices and interfaces.

Ethernet Connector for iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.