Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mackbook air 2018 increase ssd capacity

Hi,

I have a MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) with a 250GB SSD. It is getting full. What are my best options to increase the capacity to 500 GB or even 1TB ssd? I want to copy all data.

Paul

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 11:12 AM

The internal SSD on recent MacBooks is not upgradable. What you bought is what you got. You can offload the data from the internal SSD to an external drive to free up storage on the internal drive as suggested by BobTheFisherman but you cannot physically upgrade the MacBook's internal storage/SSD as it is soldered dirctly to the MacBook's logic board.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 11:12 AM in response to plok123

The internal SSD on recent MacBooks is not upgradable. What you bought is what you got. You can offload the data from the internal SSD to an external drive to free up storage on the internal drive as suggested by BobTheFisherman but you cannot physically upgrade the MacBook's internal storage/SSD as it is soldered dirctly to the MacBook's logic board.

Mackbook air 2018 increase ssd capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.