Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Akai MPK261 not connecting to M1 MacBook Air with Monterey OS

Hi apologies if this has been asked before but I am struggling to connect my keyboard and get it to work with Logic Pro. I have an m1 MacBook Air on Monterey currently on 12.2.1 and when I connect my keyboard to the laptop it receives power but there is no indication that it the laptop is actually reading it.

It works fine on my old intel Macbook pro on big sur, so is it case of M1 not being compatible or Monterey or something else?

Very frustrating at the minute as I obviously cannot go back to big sur on MacBook Air as it was already on Monterey when I bought it. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 3:16 PM

Got it working. Make sure Monterey is updated, and plug the mpk into the laptop via a usb hub. I’m using this one.

USB C Hub, Type C Adapter, Falwedi 10-in-1 Dongle with Ethernet, 4K@30Hz HDMI, VGA, 3 USB3.0, SD/TF Card Reader, Audio, USB-C PD 3.0, Compatible for MacBook Air Pro and Other Type C Laptops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8QR83T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2MRM9K3Y9D82VEY1N2TD

I tested this on my 2020 era Intel MacBook Pro AND on a 2021 m1 MacBook Air.

Both worked.

i also installed that unitor family driver v3. Not sure if that was important.

It didn’t work until I updated the laptop to the latest Monterey update.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 3:16 PM in response to schwippyboi

Got it working. Make sure Monterey is updated, and plug the mpk into the laptop via a usb hub. I’m using this one.

USB C Hub, Type C Adapter, Falwedi 10-in-1 Dongle with Ethernet, 4K@30Hz HDMI, VGA, 3 USB3.0, SD/TF Card Reader, Audio, USB-C PD 3.0, Compatible for MacBook Air Pro and Other Type C Laptops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8QR83T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2MRM9K3Y9D82VEY1N2TD

I tested this on my 2020 era Intel MacBook Pro AND on a 2021 m1 MacBook Air.

Both worked.

i also installed that unitor family driver v3. Not sure if that was important.

It didn’t work until I updated the laptop to the latest Monterey update.

Akai MPK261 not connecting to M1 MacBook Air with Monterey OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.