Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I use downloaded music as ringtones?

I am trying to use downloaded music as a ringtone and I can't figure out how to move the music from my music to ringtones so that I can select for individuals.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 2:54 PM

You cannot directly use downloaded music as a ringtone without converting it to the ringtone format first., To do this on your iPhone, there are many ringtone converters available from the App Store. To do this with a computer, seer:

Create and manage ringtones - Apple Community

Also, it must be music that you buy from the iTunes Store or get from other source such as a CD. Music that you get using an Apple Music subscription is copy-protected and cannot be converted to another format.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2022 2:54 PM in response to Stenemar

You cannot directly use downloaded music as a ringtone without converting it to the ringtone format first., To do this on your iPhone, there are many ringtone converters available from the App Store. To do this with a computer, seer:

Create and manage ringtones - Apple Community

Also, it must be music that you buy from the iTunes Store or get from other source such as a CD. Music that you get using an Apple Music subscription is copy-protected and cannot be converted to another format.

how do I use downloaded music as ringtones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.