Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health shows inaccurate time in bed

I am facing a problem with my sleep data. I use Mi Fit fitness tracker and it works just fine - sleep is very accurate. But when I open mu Apple Health App, it shows 17-18 hour of bedtime in addition to asleep time, which is not correct. It looks like Apple Health makes some unnesary magic after it gets data from Mi Fit.

I wouldn't bother, but one of the apps I use to analyse my sleep, etc, gets data from Apple Health and provides me with inaccurate values.

Does anyone else encounter this, and what is the solution?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 10, 2022 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 8:27 AM

Hello bulat112,

It sounds like the Health app is inaccurately reporting Time in Bed, but your Mi Fit tracker is correctly recording it.

Check out the information in this article about how Time in Bed is calculated: View your sleep history in Health on iPhone

If you set up a sleep schedule, Time in Bed reflects the period you’re lying in bed with the intention to sleep. iPhone automatically tracks your time in bed by analyzing when you pick up and use your iPhone. You can also tap Options at the bottom of the Sleep Focus screen, turn off Track Time in Bed with iPhone, and manually enter your own estimated time in bed. Or you can use a sleep tracker app or a connected sleep monitor to help you determine the amount of time you’re in bed.

Also, check to see if you've set up a sleep Focus that could be causing this: Turn a Focus on or off on iPhone

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 8:27 AM in response to bulat112

Hello bulat112,

It sounds like the Health app is inaccurately reporting Time in Bed, but your Mi Fit tracker is correctly recording it.

Check out the information in this article about how Time in Bed is calculated: View your sleep history in Health on iPhone

If you set up a sleep schedule, Time in Bed reflects the period you’re lying in bed with the intention to sleep. iPhone automatically tracks your time in bed by analyzing when you pick up and use your iPhone. You can also tap Options at the bottom of the Sleep Focus screen, turn off Track Time in Bed with iPhone, and manually enter your own estimated time in bed. Or you can use a sleep tracker app or a connected sleep monitor to help you determine the amount of time you’re in bed.

Also, check to see if you've set up a sleep Focus that could be causing this: Turn a Focus on or off on iPhone

Cheers.

Apple Health shows inaccurate time in bed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.