Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos after creating a new Apple ID

I just took my phone off my parents' apple id and moved it onto my own brand new one which I just created. It saved all my photos that I had taken when my phone was on my parents apple ID, but I wanted to delete some of those and keep others. I selected all the ones I wanted to delete, tapped the trash can button, and thought they were deleted. I checked again this morning, and all the photos, both the ones I wanted to keep and the ones I wanted to delete, were still there. How can I delete the photos I want to so they're removed from my phone and apple ID?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 10:34 AM

Somethings to try.

After deleting the photo using the Trash can button, go to the Recently Deleted album, and delete the photo(s) there.

If syncing the photos to iCloud using your Apple ID, go to iCloud.com/Photos using a browser, and delete the photos there. If necessary, empty the Recently Deleted album after deleting the photos. Allow time for the change to sync.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 10:34 AM in response to tacticaljack7

Somethings to try.

After deleting the photo using the Trash can button, go to the Recently Deleted album, and delete the photo(s) there.

If syncing the photos to iCloud using your Apple ID, go to iCloud.com/Photos using a browser, and delete the photos there. If necessary, empty the Recently Deleted album after deleting the photos. Allow time for the change to sync.

Deleting photos after creating a new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.