Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPhone “iPhone” could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish.

This problem has been raised before.

Since 22/02/2022, I've been unable to back up my iPhone X (iOS 15.2.1) to my MacBook Pro Mid 2012 running OS X 10.15.7 (latest OS available for this MacBook).

I've tried different cables with no success. WiFi backup no longer seems to work either. Reset the iPhone, restarted the MacBook, all to no avail.

The error reported is:-

"The iPhone “iPhone” could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish."

Or

"Could not back up the iPhone “iPhone” because the iPhone disconnected."

I've run out of ideas of how to try and get this to work.

Its also preventing me from updating to iOS 15.3.1 as well.

Has anyone out there got any ideas?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 5:32 AM

Hello,

1) Try to upgrade to iOS 15.3.1. See this link for various solutions and alternative methods:

Updating iOS: common issues and solutions

2) In terms of syncing to your computer, see this:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

3) If you can't get it to sync to your computer, iCloud backups are a good alternative:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 5:32 AM in response to Richard Adkins

Hello,

1) Try to upgrade to iOS 15.3.1. See this link for various solutions and alternative methods:

Updating iOS: common issues and solutions

2) In terms of syncing to your computer, see this:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

3) If you can't get it to sync to your computer, iCloud backups are a good alternative:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Good luck.

The iPhone “iPhone” could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.