Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blutooth connection issues

I am trying to pair my samsung watch to my iphone13 through the WearOS app as instructed. (previously connected to my iphoneXR) During pairing it tell me to dicconect the watch from bluetooth.

When i use the widget to look at bluetooth connections items it lists my samsung watch (that i am trying to pair) and will not let me hold and disconnect. But when i open bluetooth through settings it is not listed.

Has anybody else had issues with bluetooth?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:40 AM

That sounds like a Samsung issue, so Samsung support is where you should go.

If it isn’t listed in Settings/Bluetooth on your new phone it is not paired with the new phone. What it probably is telling you is to unpair it from your XR. If you can’t do that you will have to restore the watch to its factory settings (and lose any content on it).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 7:40 AM in response to SamanthaH03

That sounds like a Samsung issue, so Samsung support is where you should go.

If it isn’t listed in Settings/Bluetooth on your new phone it is not paired with the new phone. What it probably is telling you is to unpair it from your XR. If you can’t do that you will have to restore the watch to its factory settings (and lose any content on it).

Mar 11, 2022 8:02 AM in response to SamanthaH03

That’s entirely possible. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) is a BT profile that connects directly between a device and an app, bypassing the requirement to pair with the phone. It is commonly used either for very short range connections such as a medical device (blood pressure cuff, Ouraring, etc) to its app, and also for initial setup of a device that will be paired later to the phone. Many Wyze (wyze.com) devices use BLE for initial setup of the device; you first connect the device to the app, which then “manages” the rest of the setup to the phone.

Blutooth connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.