Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime player

Hi I cant open quick time player on my Mac? It keeps taking me to iCloud and there is a list with quick timer then I cloud drive etc.. I can’t actually open the programme? What can I do as trying to record a video! 🤯

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 8:26 AM

When the QuickTime Player app launches, it will show an Open dialog box for the last used location. Initially, that may be your iCloud Drive QuickTime folder that is empty. Use the sidebar to navigate to a folder on your local hard drive. Use Cancel to not open any file at that time, and to start a recording from the File menu.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 8:26 AM in response to Georgia88B

When the QuickTime Player app launches, it will show an Open dialog box for the last used location. Initially, that may be your iCloud Drive QuickTime folder that is empty. Use the sidebar to navigate to a folder on your local hard drive. Use Cancel to not open any file at that time, and to start a recording from the File menu.

QuickTime player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.