Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Son locked out phone, was working, now isn't, help!

My son accidentally locked out my iphoneXR, it said we could retry in 1 minute. I opened it up later and it was working fine, was able to use all the apps and made a phone call. A few hours later I tried to open up an app and it wasn't working and seemed stuck so I restarted the phone, put in my usual passcode and now all the apps aren't working, some actual pictures of the apps ie/ the photos, phone, messages etc. are missing from the home screen. I haven't backed it up recently so i really don't want to lose my photos of my kids. I thought it had backed up to my google photos but just checked that they are all gone. Would love any advice!

thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 1:50 PM

and now all the apps aren't working, some actual pictures of the apps ie/ the photos, phone, messages etc. are missing from the home screen.

Use App Library to search the apps you are looking for, see this Apple article:

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support           

If you have find the apps, tap and hold the app (don’t open the app), then drag to the Home screen & drop it.

I haven't backed it up recently so i really don't want to lose my photos of my kids.

Make regular backups to computer or iCloud,, see How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

See Goggle Photos Help -> Delete or restore your photos & videos

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6128858?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2022 1:50 PM in response to can_1214

and now all the apps aren't working, some actual pictures of the apps ie/ the photos, phone, messages etc. are missing from the home screen.

Use App Library to search the apps you are looking for, see this Apple article:

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support           

If you have find the apps, tap and hold the app (don’t open the app), then drag to the Home screen & drop it.

I haven't backed it up recently so i really don't want to lose my photos of my kids.

Make regular backups to computer or iCloud,, see How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

See Goggle Photos Help -> Delete or restore your photos & videos

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6128858?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS

Son locked out phone, was working, now isn't, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.