Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Alexa app on iPhone using Apple Music Skill why is a separate Echo/Sonos device “required” as connected accessory ?

Asking Alexa on iPhone app with Apple Music Skill to “play Apple Music” it only seems to work when Echo/Sonos devices are “connected accessories”. When I use AirPods Pro and many other Bluetooth devices connected only to iPhone I get an Alexa error saying that I need a connected accessory. Even my Kenwood car stereo w/ Alexa Built-in has this problem. But the Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, etc. services/skills work fine with these devices using Alexa app. This looks to be a problem with just the Apple Music Skill and not the Alexa app.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 7:35 PM

But my question was why is it that way when the other service providers don’t have that limitation. That article led me here, but It was my mistake in not noticing this is a user forum and not a Apple support. But thanks anyway.

8 replies

Mar 12, 2022 8:02 AM in response to Ebrog323

Ebrog323 wrote:

But my question was why is it that way when the other service providers don’t have that limitation. That article led me here, but It was my mistake in not noticing this is a user forum and not a Apple support. But thanks anyway.

I would think things like this:

https://www.theregister.com/2022/03/03/amazon_alexa_speaker_vuln/

might something to do with it, as well as having a competing platform, but Apple seldom if ever comments here.

Apple has stated what is supported and tested, and you went outside the list and found the app does not work.

Send your feedback to Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

In Alexa app on iPhone using Apple Music Skill why is a separate Echo/Sonos device “required” as connected accessory ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.