Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Voice Plan with Alexa

I have a standard Apple Music subscription, ending next month. It works fine with Alexa via my Echo Dot 4 connected to my soundbar. Since i just play random music by genre I don't really need the full subscription. I'd like to know if the Apple Music skill in Alexa will still work with The Music Voice Plan or, being not an Apple device, it won't allow the connection.

Does anyone have any experience with it? Does it work? Hopefully there will be a week of free subscription for testing even for older Apple Music users, because even if it's only few euro I am stingy and I don't like to fork out money for a service I can only partially use! ^_^

PS: I know. I could buy an HomePod mini. But then I will get crazy switching from "Alexa" and "Hey Siri" all the times. I already get confused using Siri on my iPhone!

FireTVStick4K(2021),

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 4:05 AM

Hi,

Music voice plan is for Siri enabled devices, so it won’t work with Alexa.

Apple introduces the Apple Music Voice Plan - Apple (UK)

Jim

4 replies

Music Voice Plan with Alexa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.