Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I back up my iPhone?

It says there’s not enough room. I asked this once before and people just sent me links and I got nowhere.. I guess I’m slow. I’ve minimized it. Just want my contacts backup pretty much.. 102 kilobytes look at the pic and tell me what I’m doin wrong

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 1:20 AM

Your next backup is estimated to be at 56.8MB. Do not delete the original backup. Let the iPhone create a new backup and it will overwrite the previous backup. Check the backup size after the new backup has been completed.

Axel F.

9 replies

Mar 11, 2022 8:42 PM in response to trever176

trever176 Said:

"Why can’t I back up my iPhone?: It says there’s not enough room. I asked this once before and people just sent me links and I got nowhere.. I guess I’m slow. I’ve minimized it. Just want my contacts backup pretty much.. 102 kilobytes look at the pic and tell me what I’m doin wrong"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Just select Contacts, and all will be uploaded just fine.

Mar 12, 2022 5:38 PM in response to Axel Foley

Ok ya that’s the part I think I understand, but if it showed me last night like I showed you in the pic up there that it was setup to backup only 102 kilobytes.. so why is the backup I find today 2.2 gigs?.. and I will need to delete it to do another one right? Maybe?! Also thank you so much.. also here’s a pic of the screen that shows what’s next

Mar 12, 2022 5:18 PM in response to trever176

Good thing that we have confirmed that iCloud backups are happening. The size is not “Huge” at all. It’s only 2.2 GB. To determine what exactly is being backed up on iCloud, open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud ➡️ Manage Storage: Here you will see a list of items that are being backed up to iCloud and, more importantly, you will the backup file size as well.

Axel F.

Why can’t I back up my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.