Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get the newest Apple TV Remote to control Bose Lifestyle t20 home theater

How can I get the newest apple tv to work with my Bose Lifestyle t20 home theater. When I go to program it and press the volume up it don't register, I was able to control this with my fire-stick remote.

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 11:22 AM

I'm assuming you're following the procedure for programming the remote described in here: Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, and you're using the original Bose remote to teach the Apple TV about the volume controls - is the Bose remote's battery working? Aimed properly?

I'm not sure about the aiming or timing of when the IR signals are pushed to the [Apple Siri] remote device, but it may help to reset and pair the Apple remote to your ATV again as described in here: If your Apple TV remote isn't working.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 11:22 AM in response to heathlaw00

I'm assuming you're following the procedure for programming the remote described in here: Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, and you're using the original Bose remote to teach the Apple TV about the volume controls - is the Bose remote's battery working? Aimed properly?

I'm not sure about the aiming or timing of when the IR signals are pushed to the [Apple Siri] remote device, but it may help to reset and pair the Apple remote to your ATV again as described in here: If your Apple TV remote isn't working.

I cannot get the newest Apple TV Remote to control Bose Lifestyle t20 home theater

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.