You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 3 Watch

I cannot update my series 3 watch so it’s unusable. I’ve tried resetting the watch and redownloading the watch app. Every time after the preparation stage it says it’s unable to update.

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 12:54 PM

8 replies

Mar 12, 2022 2:28 PM in response to sberman

No, just that it was unable to update. The phone is the latest operating system and the watch has been completely unpaired and not under my iCloud “Find My Phone.” Right now, the watch app on my iPhone says to set up the watch and the watch has the set up screen on it. I’ve done this twice- it downloads the update onto the watch and then after the preparation stage I get that “Unable to Update” message. Then it asks, again if I want to update or exit and unpair watch.

Mar 12, 2022 3:22 PM in response to sberman

I try to do that and after I scan the watch face and it asks me to choose set up for myself or a family member, (I choose for myself) it automatically takes me to a screen that says Software Update and says update now to continue setting up. It’s a vicious Apple circle. Then I select update now then it downloads update, prepares then goes back to the “Unable To Update”.

Series 3 Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.