Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missed FaceTime call that I never made

My friend got 6 missed FaceTime calls from my number in the mid-night when I was sleeping (every hour from 2-8am). I never made those call and no FaceTime record on my phone. I wonder if my phone or his phone got hacked.

I checked and no email notification saying that my Apple account logged in to any new device. anything else I should do to ensure my phone or my Apple ID are safe?

thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 5:44 PM

6 replies

Mar 12, 2022 6:19 PM in response to Fuuu67

If your phone got hacked, it was by hacking your Apple ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn of Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Mar 12, 2022 6:04 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the quick response.

Just noted that they were not missed calls. The notifications were saying that my number “joined FaceTime call” (not sure what’s the difference). Below I attached my friend’s screen cap FYR (it shows my number but not my name somehow). Do I still need to change my password? And is there any other similar cases reported?

Apr 27, 2022 1:14 PM in response to Eric Root

My IPhone and all my passed phones have been most definitely hacked cloned whatever you wanna call it often finding FaceTime allows them to here my phone conversations being the person has control of my phone photos and contacts I do encourage people to not let the scow they gain access to your contacts and will be able to access their phones as well as their banking and other important private things that are on their phone . Giving them the potential to continue to spread their virus .It is not easy to change any passwords she has put passwords in my phone from sites I googled as far as having an android and once being on the same Wi-Fi with my family member really gave away all of our passwords since then it’s been through old emails that allows her to continuously get into my phones using Google maps allows another way to enter into my phone take over my Gmail comment on conversations I recently had with a contact read my emails and then reset them I’ve been dealing with this issue for four years now first it started just to see my location the best way I can describe my situation is you need to contact any good Dept that is capable of handling anything technical and cyber work trying to fix it on your own usually does not work Power Rangers protected by antivirus my phone can get compromised just by having a member of my family who is involved send me a text message and I open it knowing all my information an email could be sent that I believe it is completely truthful and trusted there a ways you can look into your phone other than the drain battery hearing an echo you can look at diagnostics and see the sites she has visited as well as the type of bug that is installed into the phone don’t allow any bunny to control you or your privacy Apple does not want to lose their great reputation they themselves have walked me through and have been able to find encrypted information allowing the phone to have access to the person who is hacking and cloning my phone pay attention look through your phone all the time you might come across an encrypted phone number or past email removing those contemporarily fix the situation .I wish you all the best for people that are experiencing a similar situation and like I said the best way to resolve it is contact the very best cyber unit and the FBI will take your situation seriously I myself contacted them many many times eventually they will understand and help you gain back your privacy ! good luck thank you

Missed FaceTime call that I never made

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.