Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey update stuck again at 15 minutes?

MacOs Updates are really too slow and unreliable. Always take two or three goes. It's taken three days to get Monterey to work on my 2017 MacBook Air and now it wants to update again but alas stuck at 15 minutes. So frustrating....

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 7:54 PM

Force shutdown and try booting into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and and see if the installation will complete.

4 replies

Mar 13, 2022 9:57 AM in response to Beema41

Beema41 wrote:

Thanks. I've done this several times. I reloaded iOs.

I'm confused. What does iOS have to to with installing macOS Monterey?

Download and run Etrecheck.  Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the first window that comes up so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click the About… vurron and read the info to further permit full disk access.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

Then we can evaluate the report and see if there's anything in your system that might be interfering with the installation.

Mar 13, 2022 3:35 AM in response to Beema41

Is the computer Internet Connected via Wifi or Ethernet Cable to Router ?

Does the computer have at least 15%  to 20% of the Drive Total Capacity as Empty Space for good operations of the computer and for additional updates to Monterey to download, expand and install. ?

Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software ?

Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses and may corrupt the download

Monterey update stuck again at 15 minutes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.