Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls to me are automatically declined when I answer on ipad (on Facetime)

I have the option to answer calls on Facetime turned on in settings for my ipad (latest ios).

Incoming calls ring, but when I answer I briefly see 'call declined' and then get an error saying the call failed. I am (obviously) *not* intentionally declining calls- the ipad seemingly decides to decline them all within a few seconds of the call connecting.

This happens no matter who the caller may be (unknown, in my contact list, nearby, far away, etc.) My iphone shows that I had an incoming call ( for 3 to 10 seconds). This happens when the iphone is nearby and on wifi, and when it's on cell, so that doesn't seem to be a factor.

Any ideas / tips / things to try?

Thanks in advance

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:30 PM

Hi and thanks for asking about your FaceTime Issues on your iPad on the Apple discussion boards. It definitely sounds like a persistent issue.

One thing to try really quickly is reset your network settings. Be advised you will lose all your saved wifi passwords so you need to make sure you know that so you can reconnect to your network. If that doesn't help I would be more than happy to continue to troubleshoot until we find a resolution.

Hope that helps :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 9:30 PM in response to bcs914

Hi and thanks for asking about your FaceTime Issues on your iPad on the Apple discussion boards. It definitely sounds like a persistent issue.

One thing to try really quickly is reset your network settings. Be advised you will lose all your saved wifi passwords so you need to make sure you know that so you can reconnect to your network. If that doesn't help I would be more than happy to continue to troubleshoot until we find a resolution.

Hope that helps :)

Calls to me are automatically declined when I answer on ipad (on Facetime)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.