Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I text someone using iMessage that don’t an Apple product?

How do I text someone using iMessage that don’t have an Apple product or phone. If they have Samsung it won’t allow me to communicate with them in my doing something wrong please help!!!🙏. -Lindsey

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 10:28 PM

Hi and thanks for asking about iMessage in the Apple Support Community forum.

Make sure you have the slider for SMS message turned on under Settings>Messages>Send as SMS.

You wouldn't be able to text an android user using iMessage (the blue bubble) because that feature is only available for Apple to Apple devices.

For more information about iMessage click here

Hope this helps :)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 10:28 PM in response to Bestay_Nuggets311

Hi and thanks for asking about iMessage in the Apple Support Community forum.

Make sure you have the slider for SMS message turned on under Settings>Messages>Send as SMS.

You wouldn't be able to text an android user using iMessage (the blue bubble) because that feature is only available for Apple to Apple devices.

For more information about iMessage click here

Hope this helps :)

Mar 15, 2022 8:37 AM in response to Bestay_Nuggets311

Bestay_Nuggets311 wrote:

How do I text someone using iMessage that don’t have an Apple product or phone. If they have Samsung it won’t allow me to communicate with them in my doing something wrong please help!!!🙏. -Lindsey

"Messages" is the messaging app included by Apple. "iMessage" is the messaging service that Apple has created for communicating between Apple devices. The Messages app can send both iMessage and SMS messages. If you are not able to send messages to someone with an Android phone (SMS messages), then something is wrong, possibly at the carrier level.

Contact your carrier to make sure that your account is properly set up.

See also this article:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 12, 2022 10:34 PM in response to Bestay_Nuggets311

Bestay_Nuggets311 Said:

"Imessage: How do I text someone using iMessage that don’t have an Apple product or phone. If they have Samsung it won’t allow me to communicate with them in my doing something wrong please help!!!"

-------

Troubleshooting Messages:

The platform should play no part in this. So, contact your Carrier, if messages are not going through as they should. I would also ask the recipient to add you to their Safe List, if they want to always get your message.

Mar 15, 2022 8:34 AM in response to habonde

habonde wrote:

That feature has nothing to do with sending SMS messages to Android users. What that option does is allow the phone to send a message as an SMS if it failed to send as iMessage. See the explanation right below the option "Send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable."

How do I text someone using iMessage that don’t an Apple product?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.