Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are some webpages totally black with dark gray text?

Recently ive noticed when surfing the web that some webpages load fine and others now are completely black with text so dark you cant read it, pictures load fine, ad block is off, private browsing is not on, dark mode is on in both instances and desktop mode changes nothing as far as color goes. I am using the latest ios and before it wouldnt do this.. ever.. included screenshots of webpages just a minute apart.. this is happening to many different pages now.. not just one or two, ive ran into 12 just today on random sites..

also every now and again safari will load a page and display its content then right when it finishes loading the whole thing will go blank with just the original websites background color only and the web address bar displayed. Reloading does same thing and only completely rebooting the iphone or resetting network will let the page load right, maybe.. like 3/5 times.. it seems like apple changes so little each ios and everytime something that is frequently used gets effected..

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:16 AM

I figured it out!

Go to settings, safari, scroll down and turn off Allow website tinting.

Worked for me.

4 replies

Mar 13, 2022 10:36 PM in response to schmooo

keep in mind i did nothing different when loading the two pages in the pics, i just clicked a different link on my google search results, both are the exact same website and webaddress (web address matches exactly). So is not any setting ive changed to make it look like that and can go to back and forth between the two.. i just got lucky that i picked the same content to screenshot..

Why are some webpages totally black with dark gray text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.