Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I know if my AirPods Pro is original?

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2022 11:46 PM

Find the serial number of your AirPods

Learn how to find the serial number of your AirPods.

AirPods or AirPods Pro

If you have AirPods or AirPods Pro, your AirPods and your charging case share a serial number. You can find the serial number on the underside of the lid of your Charging Case, Wireless Charging Case, or MagSafe Charging Case.

Find it in Settings on iOS or iPadOS

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth.1
  2. Find your AirPods in the list (for example, "John's AirPods"). 
  3. Tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods to see the serial number.2

Find it on the original packaging

If you have the original packaging, you can find the serial number next to the barcode. You can also find the serial number on the original product receipt or invoice.

1. If your device is using a software version earlier than iOS 14 or iPadOS 14, you can find the serial number by going to Settings > General > About. Scroll down until you see the name of your AirPods, then tap the name.

2. With AirPods (2nd generation) AirPods Pro, and AirPods (3rd generation), each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send in your AirPods or charging case for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods.

Check Your Service and Support Coverage

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2022 11:46 PM in response to anyiam193

Find the serial number of your AirPods

Learn how to find the serial number of your AirPods.

AirPods or AirPods Pro

If you have AirPods or AirPods Pro, your AirPods and your charging case share a serial number. You can find the serial number on the underside of the lid of your Charging Case, Wireless Charging Case, or MagSafe Charging Case.

Find it in Settings on iOS or iPadOS

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth.1
  2. Find your AirPods in the list (for example, "John's AirPods"). 
  3. Tap the More Info button  next to your AirPods to see the serial number.2

Find it on the original packaging

If you have the original packaging, you can find the serial number next to the barcode. You can also find the serial number on the original product receipt or invoice.

1. If your device is using a software version earlier than iOS 14 or iPadOS 14, you can find the serial number by going to Settings > General > About. Scroll down until you see the name of your AirPods, then tap the name.

2. With AirPods (2nd generation) AirPods Pro, and AirPods (3rd generation), each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send in your AirPods or charging case for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don't need the serial numbers on the AirPods.

Check Your Service and Support Coverage

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.