Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How can I know my AirPods are original or not?

how can i know my airpods is original or not

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 9:12 AM

1. Where did you get them from? If you bought it from Apple or from an Apple Authorized Reseller, then they’re genuine.
  2. Can you ‘register’ them with Apple? When connecting (pairing) to an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, Mac), genuine AirPods will be linked to the Apple ID account of that device. Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support Likewise, any possible previous owner should have unpaired them and removed them from their account. Before you sell, give away, return, or recycle your AirPods - Apple Support
  3. Verify the serial number through: Check your service and support coverage - Apple Support
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 9:12 AM in response to dmandal59

1. Where did you get them from? If you bought it from Apple or from an Apple Authorized Reseller, then they’re genuine.
  2. Can you ‘register’ them with Apple? When connecting (pairing) to an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, Mac), genuine AirPods will be linked to the Apple ID account of that device. Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support Likewise, any possible previous owner should have unpaired them and removed them from their account. Before you sell, give away, return, or recycle your AirPods - Apple Support
  3. Verify the serial number through: Check your service and support coverage - Apple Support

How can I know my AirPods are original or not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.