You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find out about the recycle program specifically about how much $ I'll receive towards a new apple product

How do I recycle my iMac 2009 it's a great computer but I can't figure out how held upgrade it from leopard to El Capitan and make it work properly like signing into my iCloud and such it's using chrome doesn't have Safari on it and web pages don't show up close the time they're broken links and what not. It's frustrating becuz it's in great working order. Recently my iPhone 2020 SE with stolen I need a replacement so I'm thinking I can get money to recycle it and put towards a new iPhone is it possible?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 1:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 8:16 AM

Based on tests of trade-in estimates I've tried, I feel certain they will show zero trade-in value for a 2009 model, only free recycling. You will be better off trying to sell it yourself if you need the money. For values in my local area, I use Craigslists to see whaat other Macs are selling for locally.

Used Mac prices varies wildly with location.

Apple Trade In - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2022 8:16 AM in response to jeremiahbentonsf

Based on tests of trade-in estimates I've tried, I feel certain they will show zero trade-in value for a 2009 model, only free recycling. You will be better off trying to sell it yourself if you need the money. For values in my local area, I use Craigslists to see whaat other Macs are selling for locally.

Used Mac prices varies wildly with location.

Apple Trade In - Apple

How do I find out about the recycle program specifically about how much $ I'll receive towards a new apple product

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.