Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on finding macOS update

Hello, yesterday I tried to update my macbook from mac Big Sur to monterey, but when I was dowloading installation some error happened and process was restarted and I shut down a mac. Now I opened to update mac again, but when I go to Software Update mac is still searching for update and it stuck there, it's just searching. Has anyone have solution for this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 1:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 1:49 AM

dsavke wrote:

Hello, yesterday I tried to update my macbook from mac Big Sur to monterey, but when I was dowloading installation some error happened and process was restarted and I shut down a mac. Now I opened to update mac again, but when I go to Software Update mac is still searching for update and it stuck there, it's just searching. Has anyone have solution for this?

Q - " Hello, yesterday I tried to update my macbook from mac Big Sur to monterey "

A - Yes, have seen several other persons experiencing this type of problem.

There are several methods to try and fix this issue.

1 - Restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal. The try the Software update Applet in System Preferences again

2 - There are factors: Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

3 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses and may corrupt the download

4 -  Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

5 - Run the Terminal Command Without the Quotations Marks and what is the output "  softwareupdate --list-full-installers "

Does it show a Monterey UpGrade is available for the computer

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 1:49 AM in response to dsavke

dsavke wrote:

Q - " Hello, yesterday I tried to update my macbook from mac Big Sur to monterey "

A - Yes, have seen several other persons experiencing this type of problem.

There are several methods to try and fix this issue.

1 - Restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal. The try the Software update Applet in System Preferences again

2 - There are factors: Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

3 - Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses and may corrupt the download

4 -  Best Results are via Ethernet Cable to Router

5 - Run the Terminal Command Without the Quotations Marks and what is the output "  softwareupdate --list-full-installers "

Does it show a Monterey UpGrade is available for the computer

Stuck on finding macOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.