Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting downloaded music in the library, deletes music in public playlists. How do i stop this?

Ok, so you build up some great public playlists, you share them, people love them.

Over years you have a complete shambles of songs in your "library" or "songs" view - you delete songs out of there and it DELETES MOST SONGS - BUT NOT ALL - out of the public playlists - what the heck? HOW? WHY? WHAT?

please help.

what am i missing???

iMac 27″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 7:22 AM

Hello Djp1972,

What you're experiencing is normal behavior. Removing a song from your library would remove it completely. This would also include playlists. After the songs have been removed, you have the option to add the song back to your playlist without adding it to your library. How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 7:22 AM in response to djp1972

Hello Djp1972,

What you're experiencing is normal behavior. Removing a song from your library would remove it completely. This would also include playlists. After the songs have been removed, you have the option to add the song back to your playlist without adding it to your library. How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Deleting downloaded music in the library, deletes music in public playlists. How do i stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.