Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 slow to begin charging

I have a series 6 Apple Watch, I wear it for a few weeks then I don’t charge it for a day or two. When this happens I have to continuously take it on and off the charger for it to charge properly. The lightening bolt glows green, and even overnight I come back and it’s still doing the same thing. Stuck on the green bolt but never getting enough juice to start. If I spend about 10 minutes taking it on and off the charger eventually it gets enough to turn on but I don’t know why it’s doing that. I understand it will take a while to recharge from dead flat but overnight is unacceptable. It’s always been funny charging and I should have returned it under warranty but I stupidly didn’t. Original charger etc all Apple products. Any ideas?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 3:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 3:24 AM

Letting the battery go completely flat doesn't do it any good and reduces it's lifespan quite a bit.

Eventually you will have to replace the battery long before you should do;

Batteries - Maximizing Performance

And;

Check battery health

You can find out the capacity of your Apple Watch battery relative to when it was new.

1. Open the Settings app  on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Battery, then tap Battery Health.

Apple Watch alerts you if battery capacity is significantly reduced, allowing you to check your service options.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2022 3:24 AM in response to Tidgey

Letting the battery go completely flat doesn't do it any good and reduces it's lifespan quite a bit.

Eventually you will have to replace the battery long before you should do;

Batteries - Maximizing Performance

And;

Check battery health

You can find out the capacity of your Apple Watch battery relative to when it was new.

1. Open the Settings app  on your Apple Watch.
  2. Tap Battery, then tap Battery Health.

Apple Watch alerts you if battery capacity is significantly reduced, allowing you to check your service options.

Mar 21, 2022 1:54 PM in response to Community User

Thanks for replying. Battery capacity is 98%. I don’t normally let it go flat if I did I would have realised it was an ongoing issue sooner and not just an occasional thing. I put it on charge for over 24 hours and it’s still stuck displaying the green lightening bolt. It eventually turns on if I sit there and press the buttons a few times while it’s charging. It won’t go past the green lightening charge UNLESS I take it on and off and press buttons and within about 30seconds it will turn on to begin charging and not just on standby charge.

Apple Watch 6 slow to begin charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.