Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch battery loss charge immediately after removing from charger

My apple watch after charging immediately loses charge and dies after removing from charging dock.

Things i've tried or worked with:

-extended period of charging (6-8 hours)

-fresh restart and pairing to iphone

-plugged in charger to wall, 2 computers, other chargers

-tried pairing to another iphone.

This began happening almost over night and previously held charge and worked without issue.

I do get the green snake of death if i take it off the charger and takes an extremely long time to get it back up and functioning again.

When taking it off the charger i can load the initial dial screen, slide options and turn things on and off and within 20-45 seconds its dead again.

searching online this seems to be a problem with updates and corrects itself through some of the above actions or waiting. its been roughly 2 weeks now and still no resolution

*off warranty, appx 1.5 years old.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 11:24 AM

It sounds like (for whatever reason) the battery is dying. Your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible, use the online Apple Support option. Either way:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If it is the battery, for repair & service:

watch Repair - Official Apple Support

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2023 11:24 AM in response to stevesai38

It sounds like (for whatever reason) the battery is dying. Your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it. If that is not possible, use the online Apple Support option. Either way:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

If it is the battery, for repair & service:

watch Repair - Official Apple Support

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Apple watch battery loss charge immediately after removing from charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.