Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security wants to access key Chrome Safe Storage in your keychain.

Lately, I've been getting the popup message:

security wants to access key "Chrome Safe Storage" in your keychain.

To allow this, enter the "login" keychain password.

Underneath that is a password field and the buttons Always Allow, Deny and Allow

This appears to be a macOS message, but it seems tied to a certain application:, Wondershare AllMyTube. The pop-up stays on my screen the whole time I'm using my Mac, but when I quit AllMyTube and restart, the message does not reappear. The password that goes into the password field does not appear to be my system password.

I do not know how to deal with this or if this might be a security risk.

I'm also sending out this question to Wondershare.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 2:30 PM

UPDATE: When I simply clicked the "Deny" button that made the warning go away and the software resumed working as usual.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 15, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Timothy Arends1

Hi Timothy,

We have a link that might be helpful If your Mac keeps asking for your keychain password. See if the steps below help to clear this up:

"Your keychain may be locked automatically if your computer has been inactive for a period of time or your user password and keychain password are out of sync.You can set a length of time that Keychain Access waits before automatically requiring you to enter your password again.

1. In the Keychain Access app  on your Mac, click “login” in the Keychains list.
  2. Choose Edit > Change Settings for Keychain “login.”
  3. Select the “Lock after” checkbox, then enter a number of minutes.
  4. If you want to require a password each time the computer goes to sleep, select the “Lock when sleeping” checkbox.
  5. Click Save."

Have a great day!

security wants to access key Chrome Safe Storage in your keychain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.