Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tiny dot scratches on MacBook Pro 14 inch screen

I have seen a thread regarding this issue, I too have noticed this , in bright sunlight, viewed at an angle .

I have breathed onto a micro fibre clothe and gently rubbed. This appears to be working, but I treat this laptop with extreme care. I don’t know where these spots come from?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 9:29 AM

13 replies

Mar 14, 2022 9:58 AM in response to jeffreyfromballymoney

jeffreyfromballymoney wrote:

I have seen a thread regarding this issue, I too have noticed this , in bright sunlight, viewed at an angle .
I have breathed onto a micro fibre clothe and gently rubbed. This appears to be working, but I treat this laptop with extreme care. I don’t know where these spots come from?

If there is an issue, it would be considered a hardware issue and needs visible inspection—nothing can be done on-line here.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"— or see software help

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Apr 26, 2022 8:51 AM in response to jeffreyfromballymoney

Dead pixels are a known occurrence and required no outside action to appear. They are the result of less than perfect screen manufacturing. Most screen sellers have a policy regarding these defects. Usually there is a threshold number (cluster of 3 in most cases it seems) and they are considered only if in the direct line of viewing in a defined central area of the screen.

Apple knows of this; they happen with all makes and models and are nothing new.

The only viable approach is to have Apple do a physical evaluation of the appearance. If they meet apple's warranty acceptance criteria, you'll get warranty work. If out of warranty, the cost to repair (replace really) falls on then owner.

Tiny dot scratches on MacBook Pro 14 inch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.