Orange spots on display of my Macbook Pro 2018

Orange spots appeared on my macbook, which are highlighted especially after putting the Mac vertically for a while (for example in a backpack). It seems that the glue of the display has melted, and I connect to another problem: that the Mac becomes hot even simply with only the finder open and becomes truly untouchable from the heat after slightly heavier work. I wanted to ask if Apple recognized the problem, since I'm not the only one who has experienced it.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 2:58 PM

SonoAndre wrote:

Orange spots appeared on my macbook, which are highlighted especially after putting the Mac vertically for a while (for example in a backpack). It seems that the glue of the display has melted, and I connect to another problem: that the Mac becomes hot even simply with only the finder open and becomes truly untouchable from the heat after slightly heavier work. I wanted to ask if Apple recognized the problem, since I'm not the only one who has experienced it.

This is the user to user support community...

To ask Apple—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 2:58 PM in response to SonoAndre

SonoAndre wrote:

This is the user to user support community...

To ask Apple—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Orange spots on display of my Macbook Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.