Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Dialogue Box is too large

MacBook Air: How to alter the size of the Printer dialogue box? Last answer did not explain process.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 8:00 PM

Check for Microsoft Office updates, check over in the Office discussion forums at Microsoft, then contact Microsoft Support. Office is sold and supported by Microsoft, and they know their product best. (It’s been over a decade since I was required to use Office, and am presently lacking a local Office copy to check its behavior here.)

Also confirm the display is not zoomed: How to zoom in or out on Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 8:00 PM in response to MsLark

Check for Microsoft Office updates, check over in the Office discussion forums at Microsoft, then contact Microsoft Support. Office is sold and supported by Microsoft, and they know their product best. (It’s been over a decade since I was required to use Office, and am presently lacking a local Office copy to check its behavior here.)

Also confirm the display is not zoomed: How to zoom in or out on Mac - Apple Support

Mar 16, 2022 6:27 PM in response to MrHoffman

Solution...at last:

My issue was that, when trying to print a Word document on Mac, the printer dialog box was cut off by the bottom edge of the screen so I couldn’t print or cancel but would have to restart computer to get rid of the box. I discovered after following instructions on Microsoft support pages that their solutions didn’t help. (I had previously spent over an hour with Apple support). What DID help was that I needed to be in full screen before printing a Word document on Mac. The dialog box then appeared whole. Thank you for all the great help yesterday! I wanted to send this along because I noticed others had the same problem in Apple Community with no solution given. Should let you know there is an easy solution (I spent hours trying to solve this issue)!

Printer Dialogue Box is too large

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.