Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide info when sharing "My Card"

Hi,

i want to know if it is possible to share My Card and not share some specific info. For example, I want to share My Card with the name, phone number and email and don't want him to know my address.

When I say My card is my info in the vCard

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 3:14 PM

Greetings Azi3L,

Ensure to follow these steps: Set up your My Card in Contacts on Mac

"If you made your card private in Contacts vCard preferences, you can choose the information that you want to include when you share or export your card from your Mac

1. In the Contacts app on your Mac, select your card in the contacts list, then click Edit near the bottom of the window.
  2. For each field you want to include when you share or export your card from your Mac, select the Share checkbox along the right edge of the card.
  3. Click Done."

If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support for assistance with the behavior: Get Support

Kind regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2022 3:14 PM in response to Azi3L

Greetings Azi3L,

Ensure to follow these steps: Set up your My Card in Contacts on Mac

"If you made your card private in Contacts vCard preferences, you can choose the information that you want to include when you share or export your card from your Mac

1. In the Contacts app on your Mac, select your card in the contacts list, then click Edit near the bottom of the window.
  2. For each field you want to include when you share or export your card from your Mac, select the Share checkbox along the right edge of the card.
  3. Click Done."

If the issue persists, reach out to Apple Support for assistance with the behavior: Get Support

Kind regards.

Mar 15, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Azi3L

Hello Azi3L,

You can find some helpful info pertaining to sharing your contact card, specifically if using a Mac, on this page here: Share a contact in Contacts on Mac

As the page helps to note, "If you made your card private in Contacts vCard preferences, fields you opted not to share are not included when you share your card."

We hope that helps out.

Cheers.

Hide info when sharing "My Card"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.