Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a Genius playlist in IOS 15.3.1 music app

How to create a Genius playlist in IOS 15.3.1 music app?

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 4:00 PM

Not having Genius Shuffle or Genius Playlists on iOS seems to be backwards logic. Most of the people I know who have iOS devices listen to music on them. Not everyone pays extra to stream music from a separate app. I have over 10,000 songs that I've purchased over the years. Genius used to be how I played them until Apple took it away. I thought it was just a glitch, not deliberate. I hope they bring it back so people can play the music they've already purchased instead of having to use the Music subscription to pay to listen to music they've already paid for.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 4:00 PM in response to Keisha_Keisha

Not having Genius Shuffle or Genius Playlists on iOS seems to be backwards logic. Most of the people I know who have iOS devices listen to music on them. Not everyone pays extra to stream music from a separate app. I have over 10,000 songs that I've purchased over the years. Genius used to be how I played them until Apple took it away. I thought it was just a glitch, not deliberate. I hope they bring it back so people can play the music they've already purchased instead of having to use the Music subscription to pay to listen to music they've already paid for.

Mar 15, 2022 12:01 PM in response to LD-123

Hi LD-123,

Thanks for connecting with us here in Apple Support Communities. We see that you'd like to create Genius Playlists on your iOS device. While this feature isn't available on iOS, you can do so on a Mac or PC.

Use Genius Shuffle or Genius Playlists in Music on MacUse Genius Shuffle, Genius Playlists, or Genius Mixes in iTunes on PC

Please feel free to leave any suggestions, comments, or Product Feedback to Apple regarding this.

Have a great day.

How to create a Genius playlist in IOS 15.3.1 music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.