Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iPad

I can’t update my ipad, I push the download and install button but it doesn’t do anything

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 6:03 PM

Hi,

• Open settings > general > iPad Storage > Delete the software update (it may have a name like “iPad OS 15.4”
  • Restart your iPad - Apple Support
  • If updating with Wi-Fi, try to get closer to your modem for a more stable connection.
  • Open settings > general > software update > download and install (Make sure your iPad is at 50% charge or higher. 20% or higher battery if connected to a charger)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 6:03 PM in response to Saracpalm

Hi,

• Open settings > general > iPad Storage > Delete the software update (it may have a name like “iPad OS 15.4”
  • Restart your iPad - Apple Support
  • If updating with Wi-Fi, try to get closer to your modem for a more stable connection.
  • Open settings > general > software update > download and install (Make sure your iPad is at 50% charge or higher. 20% or higher battery if connected to a charger)

Mar 15, 2022 7:40 PM in response to Saracpalm

A little hard to help/advise you when you provide little to NO useful information about your iPad.

Here are my questions to you.

Can you, please, confirm what year and model iPad do you have/own?

The “A” model number can be found on the aluminium back of your iPad, in very small print, right under the larger bold print “iPad” on the back of the iPad.

What iOS/iPadOS version is this iPad, currently, running?

What is the rated, internal data storage space/capacity of your iPad model and how much of this free, internal data storage capacity is left inside of your iPad model?

All of that additional info can be found in the Settings app, General settings panel, About.

Please try to make an attempt to answer all questions asked.

Thank You.

Updating iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.