Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I back up my MacBook Pro using time machine to my iCloud storage? I tried following Apples directions but this set of directions specifies I must use my own storage device.

Can I back up my MacBook Pro using time machine to my iCloud storage? I tried following Apples directions but this set of directions specifies I must use my own storage device.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 5:11 AM

I think this is ridiculous. I've just spent £2,599.00 on my new MacBook Pro and believe I should have the ability to back up to the cloud with the stupidity of having to get an external hard drive. You have to buy an additional compatible extension lead with USB ports. My employer has just started backing the entire workforce's computers to a cloud provider so it's not impossible. Apple should give more thought to creating this option for Mac users. Very disappointing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2022 5:11 AM in response to picas

I think this is ridiculous. I've just spent £2,599.00 on my new MacBook Pro and believe I should have the ability to back up to the cloud with the stupidity of having to get an external hard drive. You have to buy an additional compatible extension lead with USB ports. My employer has just started backing the entire workforce's computers to a cloud provider so it's not impossible. Apple should give more thought to creating this option for Mac users. Very disappointing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.