Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit commands not working with iOS 15.4

Since upgrading yesterday to iOS 15.4, my verbal commands through Siri to HomeKit (i.e. "Turn on AppleTV…" are not responding. I receive the message: "Sorry, I couldn't find anything like that in your home." The AppleTV IS CONNECTED—I can see it in the Home app. I have restarted, hard reset, disconnected from Home app and reconnected, but still no response. Is anyone else having issues? Any suggestions? Please advise...

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 11:54 AM

Just want to chime in as well, Siri commands are broken for me since 15.4, I can see everything in the app, but Siri has lost all common sense. I have 4 tv's that are HomeKit, and she claims she can't find anything like that. A simple, turn on kitchen TV used to turn on the tv, now I get "I couldn't find anything like that in your kitchen", does that for every room.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2022 11:54 AM in response to joeythehutt

Just want to chime in as well, Siri commands are broken for me since 15.4, I can see everything in the app, but Siri has lost all common sense. I have 4 tv's that are HomeKit, and she claims she can't find anything like that. A simple, turn on kitchen TV used to turn on the tv, now I get "I couldn't find anything like that in your kitchen", does that for every room.

Mar 20, 2022 5:02 PM in response to Analog4552

15.4 broke my Shapes - Nanoleaf verbal commands too. Now I can't assign scenes and can't turn them on with Siri. If I manually go in my home app and turn them on it works, but verbally they're not responding.

Have the same error where Siri says there's nothing like that in my home.

Tried restarting, resetting and even reinstalling the Shapes, nothing works.

Most probably 15.4.1 will come as I see a lot of people having the issue.

Mar 22, 2022 7:05 AM in response to joeythehutt

SO…I found a solution/work-around. Since I have MULTIPLE Home sites within the Home app, Siri is REQUIRING me to name the home site AND the device to control individual devices. Prior to 15.4, I DID NOT have to do so (I had named similar devices in each home by different labels so as not to confuse). Not ideal and it is taking me a while to get used to the situation, but at least it working at 90%.

Mar 23, 2022 8:43 AM in response to joeythehutt

Name in what sense? I only use 1 "Home", called My Home. Don't use any other homes.

My home has 2 rooms: 1 with a Nanoleaf Shapes connected and a Hue lightstrip and another room with hue lights.

The room with Hue lights is working properly, no change.

The room with the Shapes, vocal commands changed. Initially, before the update I was saying "Shapes on", and Siri would have turned them on. Now, after the update I need to say "Turn on my Shapes." Strange. I can live with this.

The thing that doesn't work anymore is scenes for Shapes.

Initially, I could tell her to change to any scene that I had stored, and also seen in home app, now she doesn't recognize them and gives the error that she can't find anything in the home app. So I need to put the scenes manually.

I am assuming that probably Nanoleaf needs to update the firmware to the Shapes or something, but this wasn't needed for any of the updates to any version of iOS before. It just worked.

Mar 31, 2022 3:39 AM in response to joeythehutt

Yes, this has become really annoying, I can definitely say it was as a result of the upgrade to 15.4 as my HomePods automatically upgraded and then Siri commands for my curtains and blinds no longer recognised “close” and “open” commands. At the time my other devices, which were not upgraded to 15.4 worked. After talking to the Apple help desk, they said to upgrade all devices and it should be fine. Unfortunately, I believed them and then Siri on all devices stopped actioning the “open” and “close” commands. This issue is becoming really, really, really annoying! It is well reported on a number of online forums.

Apple please resolve this ASAP and also provide a timeframe as to when it will be resolved……

Apr 6, 2022 7:38 AM in response to joeythehutt

I am having similar problem but a little different, after updating everything to 15.4 I found my Apple TV would not respond to my home app on my iphone 12 pro from time to time. And all homekit devices would selectively unresponsive to my home app.

If I try to turn my plug on, it may eventually work but most of the time it would just say timed out.. It is quite frustrating since the whole set worked for almost 2 years without problems until 15.4 update..

Apr 7, 2022 1:40 AM in response to joeythehutt

I was having this issue as well on 15.4 and continue to have these issues on 15.4.1 for iOS, iPadOS, tvOS and HomePod Software.

HomeKit devices are not present when making a verbal request via Siri though they always show up in the home app.

Also HomePods do not process commands about half of the time, even though Siri acknowledges the requests and OG HomePod Pair connected to ATV 4K 2nd Gen keeps dropping connection

All connected with an eero 6 with HomeKit enabled.

Apr 11, 2022 5:06 AM in response to joeythehutt

I kind found what was happening in my setup. It looked liked my Apple TV 4K did not function correctly after upgrading to 15.4+ . Yes I can still watch Apple TV+, do Air Play and listen to music, but the Apple TV will always show no response in my home app.

I just checked the system update.. It never completed detecting new updates. And if you choose reset and update, you will find the system never reset..

Finally I decided to simply reset the Apple TV 4K, removed it from home then added it back again. Now the homekit is back, Apple TV 4K automatically at 15.4.1 (without detecting and installing new updates again). Thus there could be culprits with 15.4 updates..

well I don't know if this fix the issue ultimately, if you see symptom just like I had give it a try.

HomeKit commands not working with iOS 15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.