Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Restore Problem

When I try to restore my iPhone 6 from iTunes, in the middle of the download my iPhone turns on and leaves from the Restore screen, if I wait until the download finishes even tho my iPhone is on, I get an error saying something like "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone. The required file could not be found". I tried instead just downloading the update and not restore but it still happens, please help.

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2022 11:05 AM

Hi,

Place your iPhone in recovery mode again and then plug into iTunes. When it asks if you want to restore or update, select restore. On the next pop-up select ‘Restore & Update’.

2 replies

Mar 15, 2022 11:36 AM in response to k_p95

Still doesn't work, I'm going to say more things:

1. I'm using another Apple ID in iTunes from the iPhone, I dont know the password from my Apple ID and I don't have the GMAIL either. (If you tell me I could search it and try to get into the iPhone's Apple ID)
  2. My computer has to download an update, I don't know if that's important or not but while I'm doing this I have to download an update.
  3. The full error message doesnt have a number error, this is the full message:

There was a problem downloading the software for the iPhone. The required file could not be found

Make sure that your network settings are correct and that your network connection is active or try later.

Please help.

iTunes Restore Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.