Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes started to restore iPhone but remains stuck in preparing the update of software.

My iPhone 6s got stuck on the restore screen. The first effort to restore the phone through iTunes failed because of unknown error 4010. After disabling all firewalls on my Windows 10 desktop iTunes started as yet with restoring the phone. But after 4 hrs. it is no further than indicating that it is preparing the update of software on the phone. In the meantime the phone is still stuck on the restore screen but gives every now and then a ping whilst showing the apple logo for just a second. How do I get iTunes to complete the job?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:37 PM

4 replies

Dec 24, 2020 8:59 AM in response to thomas_vdp

Hello thomas_vdp,

It sounds like you are unable to restore your iPhone with iTunes, sometimes getting an error message.

Here are some resources that can help:

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

iTunes started to restore iPhone but remains stuck in preparing the update of software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.